Today was supposed to be a Playdate day, but after I felt yesterday I cancelled.. Kicking myself in the butt as I don’t have the cold that I thought I was coming down with and would have been fine to host the event.. I was planning to make muffins for the playdate, so I am making them anyway.. What takes better then a muffin full of bananas and chocolate.. And get this they are made with applesauce instead of butter, so adding a little more chocolate then you normally would doesn’t sound so bad.. This recipe came from a blog called “little LADIES WHO LUNCH”. Thanks for this lovely recipe.. The only changes that I made was using all white flour, no whole wheat.. Enjoy 🙂
1/2 cup sugar (use 3/4 cup if you aren’t using the dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup apple sauce
2 eggs(we used Egg Beaters and the result was fantastic on day 1. The next the texture was slightly off but still more than acceptable)
1 Tbsp. vanilla
4 very ripe bananas, smashed, but still chunky
3 Tsp. baking powder
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the sugar and apple sauce in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Add the smashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking powder and flour and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients plus optional dark chocolate chips or walnuts and mix.
- Pour the batter into cupcake liners.
- Bake for 35 minutes, then check until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.